Hippo Education is on a mission to change the way doctors learn. We make fun and effective medical education that keeps clinicians up-to-date and at their best. We are financially strong and continue to grow with new products and a team that has grown from 3 people in 2011 to more than 30 today. We’re a fun-loving and quick-to-laugh group that works very hard. Some of us work at the main office/studio in Los Angeles, some in Santa Barbara, and others work remotely. We think this is a great place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the positive impact we have on doctors and their patients.
While we’ve been very successful with what we’ve done so far, we believe there’s an enormous opportunity to invest even more in our technology and design to revolutionize the way people learn. We've already built an amazing development team and need a designer to bridge the gap between our technology and our users. As Hippo’s primary visual designer, you will be responsible for setting and carrying out your vision for how our websites, apps, tools and marketing will engage our broad medical community.
You will work closely with our Head of Product to define the company’s visual and interactive philosophy, plan its implementation, and bring that vision to life.
- Excitement about style setting, owning the design and creating a visual story for groundbreaking medical education
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a design-related field
- 5+ years experience designing technology products or interfaces
- Experience creating and deploying UI prototypes
- Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Sketch expertise
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS (familiarity with front-end development technologies a big plus)
- A massive sense of humor, optimism, and an ability to roll with lots of changes
- You live in California, are willing to relocate, or are happy to travel to Los Angeles regularly
- Full time with mixture of on-site and remote responsibilities
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary, 401(k), and health benefits
- Please feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions
Please send a cover letter, resume, and links to all relevant portfolio items (live designs are best). Please spend a few minutes looking at hippoed.com and include a few ideas for how you will update our current design. Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit.