Hippo Education is on a mission to change the way doctors learn. We make fun and effective medical education that keeps clinicians up-to-date and at their best. We are financially strong and continue to grow with new products and a team that’s gone from 3 people in 2011 to more than 30 today. We’re a fun-loving and quick-to-laugh group that works very hard. Some of us work at the main studio in Los Angeles, others work in Santa Barbara, and others work in the SF Bay Area and beyond. We think this is a great place to work and we’re genuinely proud of the positive impact we have on doctors and their patients.
As we grow, we need to ensure that Hippo continues running smoothly. That’s where you come in. As Hippo’s first Executive Administrator, you will hold a tremendous level of responsibility in the company. You will be responsible for supporting the CEO while also managing a wide range of critical operational aspects of Hippo, such as contracts / agreements, banking, payroll, employee benefits programs, etc. Organizational skills, being good with numbers, and having a compulsive need to fix every problem you come across will be key to your success in this role.
Executive support: manage the calendar, travel, and priorities for the CEO who lives in the Santa Barbara area and travels to the Woodland Hills studio regularly
Contracts / agreements: keep Hippo’s contracts / agreements organized and maintain a solid enough understanding of them to be able to tweak as necessary and ensure we always have the right ones in place
- Financial management: work closely with the Finance and Accounting teams to manage Hippo’s banking, bookkeeping, filings, payroll, bills and other financial tasks.
- Human resources: manage employee and contractor onboarding, benefits programs, and general HR.
- BA / BS degree
- Exceptional organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to dive into new, unfamiliar environments and learn quickly
- Comfortable working with numbers and spreadsheets - finance / accounting experience a plus
- A massive sense of humor, optimism, and an ability to roll with lots of changes
- Residence in the Santa Barbara or Los Angeles area preferred (and the ability to travel to the Woodland Hills office frequently)
- Full time with mixture of remote and on-site responsibilities
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Competitive salary, 401(k), and health benefits
- Please feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions
- Salary $50,000-$60,000/year depending on experience
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you within a few days if there is a fit